Tuesday, August 25, 2015

APRI PRESENTS: Interview with Author Kristal McKerrington


Bio for Kristal McKerrington

Kristal McKerrington is from Scotland, UK. She has a love for Scotland and the Vikings. She writes erotica, young adult thrillers and all different kinds of romance books. She is the former writer also with Calling Spots Magazine. She works with her co-author Joe E. Legend on a line of books, which started in 2013.

Kristal McKerrington has been a professionally published author since 2010. She writes for Reem Vision and is the former writer of Bishop-Lyons Entertainment. She is published worldwide. She has been a commentator for TMZ. She is an award winning marketing and promoting author. She is a member of the Romance Writers of America's Association and recently joined the Erotica Guild. she's represented by the Gilbert Literary Agency. She is building a strong media presence with over 1,635 fans on her fan page and she is climbing on Facebook too.


APRI: What makes you smile?

KM: Well that depends upon what I am doing. A perfect wrestling show or a really good book is my go to happy items. My husband is always making me smile and my best friend Debbie.

APRI: What do you think most characterizes your writing?

KM: I think people read my books and walk away with an emotion of some kind. They feel absorbed into the storyline or there is always an element they can relate too. I think that is what makes a good book.

APRI: Tell me about your writing process. How do you come up with the characters? What about plot?

KM: Some books come from my own life and me working out closure for things I didn't get closure from. That's apart of it. Sometimes the ideas come to me in my sleep or when I'm watching and show or listening to music. My characters come with those ideas or things I need to work out with the plot forms as I break down the chapters into a series of notes.

APRI: How did you get to be where you are in your life today?

KM: A friend talked some sense into me after I stopped dancing and spent three months in hospital. The world changed before me and I started to write all the stories tht had been living in my head.


APRI: What inspires you?

KM: Life and those who are in it. A lot of the time I think my story ideas come from God.

APRI: Why did you choose to write more than one, how do you balance them?

KM: Well each story comes in a queue that I form at Christmas time every year. I write each out the book breakdown once a week which I call a planning day. Then I work through books that are queued up unless an emergency comes in that needs to be done first.

APRI: What cultural value do you see in writing/reading/storytelling/etc.?

KM: I see that it helps people work out their problems or helps others to leave their problems for however long they get to read. I think we are a calmer world when we are able to escape life for a while and enter another person's world. Some books help to teach people how to handle their own crisises in their own lives. I think its a very important part of culture to be honest.

APRI: Why did you start writing erotic fiction?

KM: I have gotten into this genre to express my sexual side. It was a good place to let out my own feelings towards the world of sex, love and life. I think that people enjoy the stories that I have discovered on my own adventure with my husband.

APRI: Do you think anyone can write erotic fiction?

KM: I think they need to have a good understanding that erotic isn't about just sex and all the different things that you can do with the human body. Its about the romance, love and what leads to that. A plot is highly important and I don't think that people should go into the genre unless they have a good understanding of the romance genre first.



APRI: What is the most important thing that people DON'T know about your subject/genre, that they need to know?

KM: I don't think there is anything that they don't know about me as I'm a very open author. There isn't many of them out there.

APRI: What process did you go through to get your book(s) published?

KM: I have so many I go through so here is the standard one. i write the book; then I send it to Amanda for editing; then I go through it and then send it to my agent who goes through it. She then decides on which publisher it goes too and its sent off to them. When one accepts it then it goes to an editor of the publishing company. The books are proofread before its sent to the publisher who then publishes the book. During that time I have gotten together with Amanda and created a one off cover for the book. That is sent to the publisher then its released to the world.

APRI: Do you write more by logic or intuition, or some combination of the two? Summarize your writing process.

KM: I write through logic and emotion. Those two things drive my break down of the book; then I let the music, emotions of the characters to drive my writing style of that book. I break down the book, write out the blurb then I go through each chapter to writing the book; then I check each chapter meets my notes; then adjust the notes to keep me right.

APRI: What do you like to read in your free time?

KM: I read everything. Mostly the genres that I'm writing in is what I will read during the month.

APRI: Do you find there are recurring themes in your books that you seem to keep coming back to?

KM: Romance mostly which sometimes annoys my amazing co-author Joe E Legend. Romance has been at the center of my heart for so long.

APRI: Do your leading men come from any place in particular? Dreams? Movie stars?

KM: Sometimes I don't realize that the people I'm writing are movie stars or TV stars. Most of the men I write are based off someone I see on TV or in the movies. Sometimes its just based of the people I meet in real life. I'm just luck enough to have met several stars.

APRI: When you walk into a book store, where do you head first?

KM: I love Fantasy and Paranormal romance so I go through then head to the romance section which is (General Fiction) in the UK. I then head over to erotica to see wht is out. I always start at the Best Sellers shelves to see what is hot in my industry. I also check out USA Today.

APRI: Are you a morning or night person?

KM: I'm such a night person. I can't do mornings even if I was paid to.


APRI: If you could live anywhere on the this planet, and take everything you love with you, where would you choose to live?

KM: I have to say it would be somewhere in the US for sure.

APRI: What is the scariest thing you have ever done for fun?

KM: I climb cliffs that were considered danger. At another time I jumped off an unmeasured sea bed to see how far I would let myself go.

APRI: What is the best thing you have done in your life?

KM: Meet Ian and become common law husband/wife.

APRI: What question have you always wanted to be asked during an interview? How would you answer that question?

KM: I'm usually asked the same questions over and over again. So I don't think that there is a question that I would love to be asked. I would properly want to talk more about wrestling. 




PLACES TO FIND KRISTAL MCKERRINGTON

http://www.kristalmckerrington.com

http://www.facebook.com/kristalsmckerringtonfanpage

http://www.twitter.com/k_mckerrington

http://www.tablo.io/kristal-mckerrington

http://www.youtube.com/unseendancer

http://www.allbookedout.com/kristal-mckerrington

http://www.solsticepublishing.com/kristal-mckerrington-1

http://www.amazon.com/Kristal-McKerrington/e/B004KRVFTO

http://www.goodreads.com/Kristal_McKerrington

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kristal-mckerrington/30/213/542

No comments:

Post a Comment