Monday, December 26, 2016

Pretend Faces by Kiler Davenport


People putting on those pretend faces everywhere. That silly laugh, those hand gestures, those cute eye movements, a brush of the hair. What is it that we are afraid of? What are we hiding? Why not just rip one off at the party? Why not blow a little bit of snot into your hand or pick your nose or eat one? Yes many adults still eat their boogers. Why not just walk into that office party and bellow out “where’s the pussy” or the board meeting with those Roberts rules of order my ass. Jump up on the table and do a little dance.
I do these kinds of things all the time to force people out of the box and get them thinking about all the ways we pretend. Some folks even take it as far as putting on a front with their spouse. Why would anyone do this? What good is it?
I have seen poop-d-doo women get all dolled up before their boyfriend or husband sees them in the morning. I have known people who have sex with the lights off because they are afraid of the naked body or what it looks like.
Many of you out there are great pretenders especially on fake book. Most of you who know me know that I do not pretend. What you hear is what you get. I will not bend or sway for anyone. I am who I am and I am very aware of who and what I am. I have very thick skin because of my work and experience in life. I do not shock easy and I am not afraid to bend the rules or even stretch them out of place to the point of breaking.
Most of you have never really lived life because of your programming and indoctrination. You have been trained to conform and obey. Your children grow up the same way. Cultural norms are good to a point but they also divide and can create wars and destruction. Ignorance separates people and creates tension and hate.
I say we should try and be open as to who we are and what we are no matter in the board room or the bathroom. I know this sounds radical but if we could try to do this I believe we would all benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment